Redemption is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). WELS began in 1850 when three pastors met together in Milwaukee,WI. Nationwide, it has grown to over 1,200 congregations, with 400,000 baptized souls served by over 1,000 pastors. For more information, including information regarding our world-wide mission efforts in dozens of countries go to: www.wels.net. The national offices of the WELS are located at N16W23377 Stone Ridge Drive, Waukesha, WI 53188-1108.
We are most grateful for our church body. The initial support to start up Redemption in our St. George community is almost exclusively funded by the WELS through her national and local boards for Home Missions.